1 August 2006

Kent Charity Pet-Food Run - 22nd October 2006

All riders are invited to come along on the pet food run on Sunday 22nd October.

The destination will be the RSPCA at New Pound Farm House, The Street, Newington CT18 8AU to arrive at around 1245pm.

There will be two runs to meet and go together to the centre:

  1. Meet layby opposite the Oakdene Cafe in time to leave at 1115am for scenic ride to...

  2. Meet at Blue and White Cafe, Smeeth, on A20 just south of M20 J10 to leave at 1200 on scenic ride across the country to the Farm.
Please bring dog food to donate to the centre and/or cash. Tea/Coffee and light refreshments will be provided at destination.

How to recognise the Run Leaders? I expect the Run leaders from the Oakdene will be wearing "BMF" yellow bibs!

I will be leading from the Blue & White Cafe and I will be wearing my BMF bib. It is also expected that on this run that everyone attending will comply with the road traffic act and follow the almost standard "drop off" system whilst actually on the road.

A bit of background. I have been organising a "local" pet food run for a number of years starting in the early 90's when I took over a BMF run to the Blue Cross at Kimpton near Harpenden. Apart from the year I taught in the Czech Republic, this ran throughout the 1990's until 2000. After I moved to Kent and I wanted to give up the 120 mile ride to the starting point of the run. For the last three years I have organised a local run, two years to Pluck's Gutter and this year to this new venue.