28 January 2008
22 January 2008
15 January 2008
9 January 2008
As an Arsenal fan it us nice to play our nearest neighbours and win. However the Premier League match a month or so ago was a close run thing, and if not for a poorly taken penalty by Robbie Keane it well have ended up another draw. The Arsenal winning 2-1.
Tonight we had high expectations despite the shoddy performance at Burnley in the FA Cup on Sunday. After all it was our regular whipping boys, the scummers from up the Victoria Line!
We started off okay, some huff and puff, but no goals.
The back four missing all the regular starters consisted of Hoyte, Djourou, Senderos and Traore. A bit lightweight but seemed to be coping with Berbatov and Keane.
We probably played the worst I have seen in around 40 years as an Arsenal supporter. Utter shit.
In the end we went behind after some pressure and about the only time that Gilberto, Eduardo and Walcott managed to link up, Theo waltzed in and scored our equaliser.
8 January 2008
The Nippy Norman spots that I have had for a few years and fitted by GS guru Neil "Steptoe" Harrison are not very good! Nothing to do with the guru!
7 January 2008
It is primarily a bike oriented blog and I an having trouble remembering when I was last on the bike.
I have tugged it out of the garage a few times, once to give it a check over. The other simply to start the engine. Of course, it doesn't matter how cold it has been it started after a few seconds.
So what else?
1. Had a lot of December off work firstly with flu, then food poisoning and then it was Christmas!
2. I am now the official Ivan Benda sub-editor. Ivan sends his articles directly and I sort them out. Should ensure that they reach the SOC in one piece. I have some photos to scan as well.
3. We had to buy a new mattress and that saw off the money set aside for an HiD headlamp for the GS. I'll have to start again!
4. Had a shock to find that a week after getting paid that my maestro card was rejected when I came to buy my season ticket last week. "Cloned!" I thought. No. The bank has a sweeper that moves any money from the current account into the savings account. The earliest I cab ever be paid is the 24th of the month. Officially pay day is the 26th but if it falls on a Saturday or Sunday we get paid on the Friday! Great except for December when we get paid on the 19th... So it swept all my pay into the savings account. I am annoyed that First Direct sent a letter (£25 charge) to tell me I was £1150 overdrawn? I have written!! A little investigation from them and a phone call would have revealed the cause. Instead I had to worry all day that I had been cloned and lost all my money!
5. Booked tickets to see Santana in June at the O2 Arena. Still over six months away and I am wondering when tickets might arrive. Luckily I printed the booking off! See 6.
6. December 29th. Claire goes to read the email in Outlook on the Dell. It gives an error and Outlook closed. No real error to work with buy it won't restart with out allocating a new PST file. The old one had exceeded its 2GB limit and is fecked. We've lost the inbox and contacts. Not such a tragedy but in the sub-folders of the Inbox are most of the unprinted bookings and holiday arrangements for the summer to Eastern Europe. The file resisted fixing with scanpst.exe. So now the job is to hunt them all down and contact them. Easy enough except a hotel in. Split that I can't remember the name of!!
So that's catch up!
Most Recently Published
Sorry we haven't emailed you in a few weeks. We've been stuck in Gondar, Ethiopia and the internet was too slo...
This road-test was originally published in 1997 on the original SOC Geocities hosted website and transferred over here when Yahoo killed of...
I guess we all have our own ideas of what makes a great hotel or restaurant, but sometimes I read reviews (before I go somewhere) and...
(Originally written and published on the old Geocities hosted SOC website in 1997) With the UK Government thinking of ways to forc...