29 April 2010

Welsh National Rally 2010

The WNR kicks off this year at 0830 from Castle Caereinon near Welshpool on May 8th. Once again this year it will be a day time only rally. I didn't say daylight rally! The last time I did the rally was with Dave Clark in 2006, and we did the north Wales loop that went as far as LlanfairPG on Anglesey. 



It was a later start back then and so the mileage had to be compressed into a shorter time. By the time I got to my hotel at the M6 Services formerly known as Hilton Park it was after midnight and I was a little sodden. This year there are three of us. "The Three Amigos" are Andrew, me and Steve Hazlehurst. 

Once again I have merely toyed with planning a route and have left it to Andrew again. The route he has come up with for us to enter the Platinum Award plus Dragon Award takes in a more southerly route this time. It's a while since we went south. 
 
My plan is to have the day off on Friday and ride up to Coalport near Telford to stay in the Youth Hostel. The others will meet me there. The hostel is housed in part of the old china works and from the picture looks pretty different to many I have stayed in across the years... http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/heart-of-england/hostels/Coalport/index.aspx I'll write up the weekend when I get back.

No comments: