15 May 2012

When waterproof isn't waterproof!



Last year I bought a pair of cordura waterproof trousers to replace a pair I'd had for two years.

They arrived in time for the Welsh National Rally in early May the weather was appalling on the way back from Wales. To make things worse the crotch split.
I emailed the shop from my hotel on the way back.

They were good and replaced them.

For one reason or another I wore them for the first time in April. Luckily it didn't rain.

Unluckily, the second time of wearing them, resulted in what crotch syndrome. Soaked through. Can't see where it is getting in but this is so annoying.

It's cutting it fine but this pair are less than a year old, so I emailed them to see what happens!

Even if they see it my way and replace them they won't be here until after the Le Mans trip.

Let's see how it goes.....

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

I think they need to call them water resistant not waterproof.

I wonder if spraying them with a form of Camp Dry or other outdoor waterproofing would help. Of course when you pay for something that is supposed to be waterproof, you expect it to be that way from the factory and not have to fix it.

SonjaM said...

The waterproof usually comes with a price tag, so feel free to pester them until you get the real deal.

If I want waterproof, I go with rubber pants over my riding pants... It just sucks to ride with a wet crotch and butt. Good luck!