22 October 2013

Retail Therapy 2 - Failed

Unfortunately, the Touratech part didn't come up to the spec I need. The central bar for the RAM mount is way too thin to be any use so I need to send it back.

They have agree to take it back but of course it will cost me the postage, both ways.  Touratech UK very efficient and same day as the return they refunded the money to my PayPal account.

So back to square one of where and how to fix the RAM mount so that I can get full right lock when required.

C'est la vie.

2 comments:

Troubadour said...

The concept works, could you not have kept the mounts and replaced the central bar with a larger diameter, round, aluminum tube stock from a local machine shop?

Paul Devall said...

I could have, but given the cost of the part in the first place it was uneconomical to do it that way.