13 March 2014

Tesco Hudl - RIP

So after a short marriage it could be time to say au revoir to the Hudl and take it back for a refund.

The purchase was after careful study of the web and reviews, plus their own website that stated that the Hudl would connect to a camera to allow downloads for saving and/or viewing. What Tesco didn't say was that it would work with a few undisclosed cameras, none of them in the DSLR ranges of Canon, Nikon and Sony.

What percentage of cameras sold every day in the world does that number?

After seemingly getting dropped by the technical helpdesk I logged a call with Tesco Direct Customer Support. After all that's where I bought it. They chivvied up the tech helpdesk who said despite their own website the Hudl wouldn't connect to the cameras. They offered a refund.

All very well. But I am already out of pocket to the tune of two OTG cables and the leather protective cover! The Hudl is a fat little devil and the case will be too fat for another tablet. They didn't mention covering that expense as a "sorry" for pissing me about for three months.

There is one final option I can try tonight. Another app I found on Google called DslrDashboard and that might be the solution. If not. Then it goes back and I have the refund and instead put it down to experience that tablets are shite compared to notebooks running Windows!


Update.

DslrDashboard - didn;r work with a Canon DSLR!

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Doesn't sound like you are having much fun with that at all. At least if they offered a refund.

The only tablet I've had experience with is my iPad. Not without its own frustrations at time, but it usually does what I want.

InvictaMoto said...

Sadly this didn't work and neither did connecting an older Samsung compact digital camera and even an ordinary multicard reader