6 December 2014

When iPhones die!

Bereft! I felt like I was cutoff from the world!

My 5S has been powering itself off at odd times since the iOS 8 upgrade. It isn't a battery problem, as it had been as high as 47% charged.

On Wednesday evening it turned itself off at 27% and when I turned it on the Apple logo stayed on the screen. I went online when I got home and found that this is called "recovery mode".

I followed the instructions on Apple's website and it didn't work. 

What to do. I had little luck with O2 online and ended up booking an Apple Genius.

Just in case I called into the O2 shop in Folkestone and they managed quite easily to reset it back to factory setup.

All that means I needed to was attach to my iTunes and restore my data.

After the first stage it looked a bit dodgy as it seemed to have lost all my apps and data associated with them. So I left it to sync again....

Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

The OS 8 update sure has caused some problems. I know my iPad doesn't seem to work as well at Michael at Key West Diaries had a mini iPad die because of it. The Mac Store couldn't even recover it.

Fingers crossed yours recovers.

InvictaMoto said...

It restored okay after they got it back to the as-new state. Sadly th last backup was 12th November!