16 October 2015

Car Poorly - 2

In "Car Poorly" (http://invictamoto.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/car-poorly.html) I mentioned the Insignia was unable to take us on the France trip as the rear spring was broken. I was advised that long journeys were out of the question but taking it gently to the station was okay. So that's what we did.

The French trip was undertaken in Claire's Corsa and very economical it was too.

It was booked in Caffyns at Ashford a few weeks later and they did the list of repairs including both rear springs to keep them matched and the mud flap and wheel arch liner.

With some trepidation I went to collect it, expecting a bill nearing four figures and found myself relieved that the bill was just, I say just, £475! 

Still a lot of money but way less than I was expecting especially after they called me to say the problem I was having with the electronic hand (parking) brake was due to pads almost to the metal. 

So fingers crossed.

No comments: