2 February 2016

Coastal Challenge 2016

There is a group of veterans doing a charity walk from Land’s End to London via the entire south coast. They are walking under the banner of “Veterans4Veterans”. They approached the Royal British Legion Riders for some help with providing outriders for their walk. Needing two riders a day to lead and Tail-End their walkers along mainly A and B roads. They are hoping to walk around 20 miles a day and this will bring them into Kent on Day22, or February 22nd. 

I am an RBLR member and contacted the local rep to volunteer my services, if needed, on Day 23, when the walkers will go from New Romney to Dover. They will pass my house, or at least 200 yards from it and although I won’t walk, I have volunteered to do my bit and be one of the outriders. Waiting to see. I have the day booked off work to take part.

 It is a good cause, raising awareness and money for military charities supporting our service personnel suffering from PTSD and homelessness.


1 comment:

Trobairitz said...

What a great cause to volunteer for, I am sure you will have fun if called up.