20 October 2017

Super Nano Hydrophobic Liquid Repellant

A long title for this entry. Maybe I should have gone with the product name of "No Wet".

One of the guys at work came in with gleaming trainers despite the weather not being thst good. Not a trace of damp or dirt on them.

He said he had used one of these sprays on them as they were new and light grey.  A quick demo to the assembled masses and it looked good.

He didn't go as far dripping something nasty like ketchup on them but water ran off leaving no mark or stain.

I used to use an earlier incarnation of the one he used to try and keep my tent waterproof back in those far off days when I attended bike rallies and camped on holiday.

There is nothing quite like lying in the tent in the peeing rain and hearing it on the outside knowing that's where it will stay. Outside. Claire likes the sound of the rain but never in a tent!!

The one he used was Fabsil.

I wanted one that could be used on smooth surfaces as well as fabrics. And so after googling and researching for a week or so I chose "No Wet".

So today I have tried in on my brand new Skechers trainers.  An even coating and 20 minutes to dry. Then a second coating. Both done. 

It says leave for 20 more minutes or a day. .  I suppose over the weekend I'll get to test it.



2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

That is quite the title. Hope it works for you, not much worse than wet feet.

InvictaMoto said...

Had a chance to try it this afternoon as Storm Brian lashed us with heavy rain. Opted for waterproof boots ..