29 November 2017

Deep Purple @ The O2

What can I say?

I'd not seen Deep Purple for about 40 years and then twice in just a few!

I had to leave work and travel home.  Walk the dog. Then Claire came home and it was a rush to get to Ashford for the high speed train to Stratford. We made it. Didn't have enough change for the very expensive car park. But used the online booking on my phone!!

This time to cut the walking to save Claire's wonky hip we went Stratford International, DLR to Stratford mainline and then Jubilee Line to North Greenwich.  In the end it was a cock-up as the escalators at Stratford International were broken and we had to walk up. Then at North Greenwich the up escalator was broken.

Dinner in Wagamama. Two chicken katsu later we emerged to join a very long queue for security.

This time we had seats in the 100 series lower tier. Unlike the 400 series seats these are gently sloping and still with an unobstructed view. We also had the back row with just the disabled platform above and behind us.  Perfect.

The show was fantastic.  This time I didn't have to go to the loo just as they started "Smoke on the Water"! 

The support was from Europe. Apart from The Final Countdown I had never heard any of their stuff!!

We had to leave for our trains home about 2245 and they were still going. We missed one extra encore song.


Noticeboard at North Greenwich Station
Couple of pix from the night
Support from Europe
Selfie!

And here are a couple of links to videos I took.  Yeah I know.  Damned clowns with their cameras.... in my defence. We were on the back row!! NO one behind to get pissed off!!



No comments: