7 January 2018

Insignia Kaput!

Battery I hope. Trouble is when these things happen on a Sunday we are still pretty much screwed here.

Luckily I have the portable power pack to revive Pepé between rides and that started it, if a little sluggishly, earlier today.

I have booked it online at a local autocentre where they will fit a new one and dispose of the old one. All for a price a little less than a few where I could DiY and then have to get rid of the old one.

But. That isn't until Tuesday. So tomorrow my run to the station will have to be after boosting it again.

Getting it fired up took the power pack down to 73%.  Hopefully it will be okay to get to work and back home again. At this rate I may take it to work and charge it there to ensure 100% for an evening start.

Fingers crossed.

Update 08/01/18

Came out this morning. Luckily no frost or ice. Flipped the bonnet/hood and attached the dbpower unit. Switched on.

Jumped in drivers seat. Turned key. Sweet f.a.

Checked connections and tried again. Finally and begrudgingly started. Packed it away and set off for the station.

Unit in my bag and I'll charge it up at work so that tonight it will be 100% again. This time after a bit of turning over it was down to 78%.

Later. ...



Update 8/1/18 7pm

Got back to the station. Hopped in the car. Thought I would try it before setting up the power pack. Grrrr! Started.

See what happens tomorrow.

Update 9/1/18

Battery fitted and home by 1030. Starting easily. So let's hope that's it.

1 comment:

Trobairitz said...

Yikes, that must be one dead battery. Hope it starts after work.